Knowledge of trends will help small businesses target their marketing efforts and will provide a source of inspiration for entrepreneurs.
The purpose of this: I feel its important to be aware of some interesting trends to watch out for in the near future so I will be updating and providing some trends that may surprise you and help to open your eyes and mind to some opportunities to meet with an increasing demand.
Trends To Take Note Of:
- 46% of people are more likely to seek out your products and services when they’ve seen a video about it
- More than 4 billion videos are watched on YouTube each day
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
Local results are increasingly dominating search results pages. Marketers and small business owners need to take note of these trends..
- 75% of smartphone owners use location-based services, and this usage is only predicted to grow
- 80% of mobile users prefer locally relevant advertising and 75% are more likely to take an action after seeing a location-specific message (Source: Mobile Audience Insights Report from JiWire, 2012)
- 30% of adult social media users in 2012 have at least one account that is set up to show their location in their posts. That’s up from 14% who did so in 2011
- By 2015, 81% of U.S. cell users will have smartphones (Source: Goldman Sachs)
- 86% of mobile internet users use their device while watching TV (Source: Nielsen)
- By 2014, mobile internet usage will overtake desktop internet usage( Source: Nielsen)
- Adults spend more time on mobile media than they do on newspapers and magazines combined (Source: Nielsen)
- 50% of travel or restaurant mobile queries result in a purchase (Source: Nielsen)
- 200 million YouTube videos are seen on mobile devices everyday (Source: Nielsen)
Search engines are getting better at determining the most relevant results for keywords. For small businesses, this means starting an ongoing content strategy in order to continue getting organic search traffic.
- YouTube is now the #2 search engine
- Mobile makes up for about 20% of search traffic according to Google
- 61% of global Internet users research products online (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012)
- 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine (Interconnected World: Shopping and Personal Finance, 2012)
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results
Social media presents a huge opportunity for small businesses to grow an audience with no location barriers. Building an audience of followers on Twitter, connections on LinkedIn, and subscribers on YouTube gives you access to an nearly unlimited amount of potential customers. It’s is quickly becoming an essential way to grow your business.
- The fastest growing segment of social media users is now adults aged 45-54%. 55% of this age group now have a profile on at least one social network. (State of Search)
- Globally, 46% of consumers used social media to help make purchase decisions
- 67% of Twitter followers and an impressive 51% of Facebook fans and are more likely to buy the brands they follow or are a fan of
- Social media produces almost double the marketing leads of trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail or PPC (Source: HubSpot)
- by 2030 60% (4.9 billion) worldwide will live in cities
This section is being worked on, Check back soon! Thanks!