Pizza Hut’s “$10,010 Ultimate Valentine’s Day Proposal in a Box” campagin was just launched this week in which customers can purchase a wedding proposal package at Pizza Hut. It was designed for Pizza Hut’s current Valentine’s day promotion .
The $10 Dinner Box Proposal Package Includes:
- Ruby Engagement Ring: a stunning ruby stone flanked by shimmering diamonds
- Limo Service
- Fireworks: a perfectly-timed fireworks display will vault this proposal into the record books
- Photographer: photos taken of the happy couple before, during and after the moment
- Videographer: capturing video of the moment she says “yes”
Most Importantly Your………
- $10 Dinner Box: which contains “a medium one-topping rectangular pan pizza, five breadsticks with marinara sauce and 10 cinnamon sticks with a sweet icing cup in one box.”
To me this strange and unique promotion from Pizza Hut is a bad attempt at trying to be creative and unique. I cant imagine any women being impressed by someone proposing to her at a quickservice restuarant like Pizza Hut. In my opinion this campaign is not relevent to Pizza Hut’s typical consumers and this campaign should of never been launched. In order for a promotional campaign to work it needs to be highly associated and appealing to your targeted consumer segments. Not one person in the world would associate Pizza Hut-a quickservice restaurant operating in the pizza industry with romance and weddings? so why did Pizza Hut follow through with this promotion?